I am a computer science PhD student at Brown University. I graduated
from Worcester Polytechnic Institute in 2011 with a double major in
Mathematics and Computer Science. I then worked at KAYAK (kayak.com)
for a year.
My research is mainly in programming languages, with a focus on syntactic sugar, but also includes CS education.
See my resume.
See my github projects.
- Resugaring: Lifting Languages through Syntactic Sugar (Thesis)
Justin Pombrio. Brown University 2018.
- Inferring Type Rules for Syntactic Sugar
Justin Pombrio, Shriram Krishnamurthi. PLDI 2018.
- Can we Crowdsource Language Design?
Preston Tunnell Wilson, Justin Pombrio, Shriram Krishnamurthi. Onward! 2017.
- Teaching Programming Languages by Experimental and Adversarial Thinking
Justin Pombrio, Shriram Krishnamurthi, Kathi Fisler. SNAPL 2017.
- Inferring Scope through Syntactic Sugar
Justin Pombrio, Shriram Krishnamurthi, Mitchell Wand. ICFP 2017.
- Slimming Languages by Reducing Sugar: A Case for Semantics-Altering Transformations
Junsong Li, Justin Pombrio, Joe Gibbs Politz, Shriram Krishnamurthi. Onward! 2015.
- Hygienic Resugaring of Compositional Desugaring
Justin Pombrio, Shriram Krishnamurthi. ICFP 2015.
- Resugaring: Lifting Evaluation Sequences through Syntactic Sugar
Justin Pombrio, Shriram Krishnamurthi. PLDI 2014.
Joe Gibbs Politz, Matt Carroll, Benjamin S. Lerner, Justin Pombrio, Shriram Krishnamurthi. DLS 2012.
This website is
written in Markdown,
compiled by Jekyll,
highlighted by pygments,
typefaced by Triplicate,
and hosted by nearlyfreespeech.net.
The navigation bar is generated by a Haskell script.
The layout is no longer inspired by fleuron.